Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Spiritual Rant or How I Talk With God

If you will allow me to rant a little, here goes:

 I get so sick and tired of all the endless posturing and religious arrogance Christians perpetrate against each other in the name of God.

As for me, I have no one left to impress and nothing left to prove. I'm in God's hands.

So when you've got a sword at the base of your neck, what does it matter? Do all the differences of our faith matter? Did Jesus die only for the Catholics, or the Orthodox, or the Pentecostals? Does Jesus only respond to a proper Eucharist, or does he  respond to our faith, our lives flung on his grace and mercy?.

Over the years, I've been excluded by the all-inclusive and the fundamentally exclusive, but never by Jesus.  So I'm with Jesus. I include anybody or group He includes.

What blows me away is that "If we are faithless, he remains faithful for he can't deny himself." This whole Christian life,  It doesn't depend on you, or on me. We GET to enter into the divine dance.  I think of the song: In Christ Alone.

For me, my time is short, and all the spiritual rabbit trails, theologies, and  just plain nonsense I've fought and quibbled over the years are lost in the face of Jesus. He takes up my whole attention. He is becoming more and more the object of my love, my affections and my actions in this world. For me, I'm learning to walk on holy ground.

Thank you for letting me rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment